InglewoodManor

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

   

History

The current home, Inglewood Manor, is circa 1854.

The land originally belonged to the Lorick family. It stretched from the Broad River to the Bush River and dates back to around the time of the American Revolution.

The columns were added after the Civil War and came from the Mimnaugh home in downtown Columbia that housed Sherman and his officers during his march through Columbia.

Stained glass and select interior accents are from a dowtown historic church that was salvaged by the Miller family and added to the home in the 1960’s. The balcony came from an antebellum home in Ridgeway, SC.

Legend has it that George Washington Lorick buried the majority of his gold on the property as Sherman marched through. Sherman did not find the gold, but in the process, Sherman burned down the majority of the Lorick woods.

Between 1790-1908 the Lorick land remained in the hands of the Lorick family. 6 acres remain of the original property.

Inglewood Manor is now filled with stories of ghost sightings throughout the year.

 

 
Inglewood Manor
1 Miller Road
Irmo, SC 29063
803.463.5553